LA has always been one of my favorite places on earth and it was my home for three years <3 I'm currently here visiting my friends and I had a request to make a list of my favorite Los Angeles spots to visit. These places appeal to me and many of my friends as well. But, I gotta be honest: they're pretty Khaleeji.
Still, I think everyone can appreciate them one way or another!! Please feel free to check them out and let them know I sent you :)
I broke them down into some categories for easier organization. Or, you can check out my Yelp List here: Los Angeles by Hannooni
- Cafe Istanbul - Beverly Hills, CA Yummy Turkish food! Try the bayti or chicken bowl!
- Xai Lounge - West Hollywood, CA Everything is yummy! Amazing owner! I die for the shawarma wrap with fries and the chicken kabob with couscous. Also amazing teas and hot chocolate.
- Urban Skillet- North Hollywood, CA Can't believe this place exists. Amazing halal chicken sandwich and bulgogi cheesesteak.
- Open Sesame - Los Angeles, CA Everything is out of this world. Try the Sultan platter!
- iKabsa- West Hollywood, CA Just was here in Ramadan but the food was great! I would definitely visit! All Saudi food.
- Mama’s Secret Cafe - Beverly Hills, CA Turkish breakfast <3
- Ali Baba Persian - Granada Hills, CA Everything I've ever tried is great!
- Pi On Sunset- West Hollywood, CA - For younger males Chicken shawarma - just a warning: it's pretty much for shabab.
- Fig & Olive - West Hollywood, CA Salmon out of this world. Also, pot de creme is a MUST for dessert.
- Toast- Los Angeles, CA Amazing bread.
- Lucques- West Hollywood, CA I had some sort of vegetable bake that was great as was the dessert.
- Leon Cafe & Lounge - Glendale, CA Salmon salmon salmon. Also, great fries!
- Granville- Glendale, CA New American cuisine. Worth a visit if you stop by the Americana at Brand.
- Tickle Tree Cafe- La Crescenta, CA I get the artichoke sandwich without chicken. Also, the garlic fries and mint lemonade are amazing.
- Humble Bee - Northridge, CA They made me sausage-less biscuits and gravy. So white-girl ish but all of my friends loved it.
- Kristy’s - Malibu, CA Unbelievable view and yummy pizza and croquettes.
- Daisy Mint - Pasadena, CA Yellow curry. Best Thai I've had in LA.
- New Moon - Montrose, CA Shrimp fried rice. Best Chinese I've had in LA.
- Stinking Rose Cafe - Beverly Hills, CA Everything garlic! THOOM THOOM THOOM, baby! :) Try the garlic ice cream. It's shockingly yummy.
- Fritto Misto - Santa Monica, CA The spinach artichoke gnocchi! Wow.
- Liwan Lounge - Los Angeles, CA Shabab hangout for younger males... just a warning. I've never been, but I hear it has a nice upscale environment.
- Salt & Straw (Ice Cream) - Multiple Locations I want to cry I love this place so much. Honey Lavender ice cream. TRUST me.
- LAMill Coffee- Silver Lake, CA Great brownies and coffee. They used to have a dessert and tea pairing that was delish.
- Paradis (Ice Cream) - Montrose, CA The strawberry, nutella swirl and chocolate are amazing.
- Creme de la Crepe - Beverly Hills, CA My friend and I stopped in here late night. Gorgeous atmosphere.
- Urth Cafe - Beverly Hills, CA Such a Saudi hangout... amazing dessert if you're in Beverly Hills.
- Magnolia Bakery - Beverly Hills, CA Chocolate banana pudding <3
- Asian Spot- Northridge, CA (Halal) Such sweet owners, and pretty great selection of halal meat.
- Super King - Multiple Locations (Imported Foods) All sorts of imported foods, including Arabic foods.
- Mulholland Drive- Los Angeles, CA Scenic drive to see the whole city of Los Angeles. Photo below.
- The Grove - Beverly Hills, CA Super Khaleeji all night every night, but really beautiful atmosphere.
- Beverly Center - Beverly Hills, CA The nicest woman ever works at the sunglass store there <3 All the brands we love.
- Third Street Promenade - Santa Monica, CA Same owners as The Grove. Also there are interesting performers and the dawah group I used to work with is there! Please support them :) MercyforMankind.
- The Americana at Brand- Glendale, CA Also same owners as The Grove. Equally beautiful!
Best Movie Theatre:
- iPic Theatres- Pasadena, CA Fancy reclining chairs. Waiters and waitresses. Yummy food.
- King Fahad Masjid- Santa Monica, CA This masjid has my heart <3 It's my favorite in all of Los Angeles. Gorgeous decoration, kind and patient leaders. They let me shoot my television show here and I'm forever grateful.
- Masjid Reseda - Northridge, CA Nice, smaller-sized masjid in the suburb I used to reside in. Also very sweet leadership.
- SLS Hotel- Beverly Hills, CA Gorgeous hotel room interior.
- The Westin Pasadena - Pasadena, CA Love the location - such a quaint, sweet little neighborhood.
- Santa Monica Beach - Santa Monica, CA C'mon who doesn't love the Santa Monica pier. It's a little slice of America.
- Zuma Beach - Malibu, CA Gorgeous, incredible views. Literally breathtaking. SubhanAllah.
- Beauty Factory Beverly Hills- Beverly Hills, CA Of all things in this world, I love this place for facials. The esthetician (facial lady) Naomi is incredible, life changing, and such a beautiful soul <3
- Silky Skin - Montrose CA Also very nice treatments and a quaint little spot near my old workplace.
Best Makeup Artist:
- Outlaw Cosmetics - West Hollywood, CA Sara is AMAZING if you need a makeup artist or lashes.
- Color Me Green - La Canada Flintridge, CA All organic and they do a great job!
- Painted Woman- Beverly Hills, CA Amazing chairs and decoration. You have to check it out if you're here and looking for a manicure!
- Bobbi Jones - Zen Wellness Chiropractic - Los Angeles, CA Was really happy with my treatments here! If where you live doesn't have chiropractic, you need to try it out. It will change your life!
- Blossom Spa - Hollywood, CA Haven't been but heard it's great!
- Sunflower Massage (Foot Massage) - Sunland, CA I go here for a quick clothes-on massage. They do a great job! Just make sure to ask for the same gender when you call ahead.
- Dani Benyaminy - Los Angeles, CA He's super personable and very kind! If you need anything, check out this dentist.
Day Trip Locations:
- Santa Barbara,CA - 2 hours Gorgeous cafe called Zaytoon! Also, really beautiful places to see like the beach and courthouse for a view of the entire city. Worth the 2 hour drive.
- San Diego, CA - 2 hours Also a must if you're visiting! Check out the beaches, The San Diego Zoo, Pasha Lounge (for a chai tea!), and other well known dining hotspots!
- Las Vegas, NV - 4 hours Vegas doesn't have to be the city of sin! There's amazing food at Secret Pizza (a hidden pizza shop without any marketing or signs!), Serendipity 3's Frozen Hot Chocolate is WOW, also Sushi at I <3 Sushi!
Hope this helped some future Los Angeles visitors. I love this city beyond imagination. If you need anything during your travels, please don't hesitate to reach out inshaAllah.
Bil salaama <3